Located off Roosevelt Channel in Pine Island Sound, McCarthy’s Marina is a 21-slip commercial marina on the site of the historic ferry landing on Captiva Island, Florida. Prior to 1963 the only public access to Captiva Island was by ferryboat. McCarthy’s Marina office is located in the 1906 home of Pops Randall, who operated the ferry dock in the early 1900s. This modest building was later the home and office of legendary fishing guide, Andy Rosse, who with his wife Desa, ran the waterfront establishment known as “Andy’s.” McCarthy’s Marina remains one of the last vestiges of “old Florida’ on these barrier islands.
In addition to Captiva Cruises’ cruise excursions which depart from McCarthy’s Marina, the Marina offers the services of local fishing guides who can accommodate up to a maximum of six passengers. Avid fishermen intent on landing a tarpon as well as families interested in sightseeing, island hopping and beachcombing usually schedule half day excursions which are custom tailored.
McCarthy’s Marina Gift Shop offers nautical themed gifts for the entire family. T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, beach supplies, artwork from local artists and gift items are all available. The gift shop also serves as the hub for all of Captiva Cruises reservations and ticketing operations.
11401 Andy Rosse Lane, Captiva Island, FL 33924
Latitude: 26º 31' 18" N Longitude W82º 11'16"